|Sustainability||Information||Troop Meetings||Main Event|
Developed by Camp Emerald Bay, Catalina Island, California.
A Scout is:
- Trustworthy – Sustainability starts with you and helps you to stand out as a young leader. You can help by recycling and advocating green solutions to everyday issues.
- Loyal – Demonstrate sustainability by being the voice of reason and reminding others we all share limited resources.
- Helpful – You can make a difference in your family and in your community—and help our world—by using only what you need. Take time to share with others what you are doing.
- Friendly – Volunteer in your community at a community garden, recycling center, or other sustainable activity, and encourage others to do the same. This can be a fun and exciting way to see firsthand how, when we all are working together, we can make a difference in this world.
- Courteous – Always thank people for their help and understanding because we all benefit from sustainability and thinking about how our actions, no matter how small, affect others.
- Kind – Treat this world with respect, save valuable resources, and set an example for others to follow. Take time to smile; it does make a difference.
- Obedient – To protect the world’s resources, you need to be true to yourself and believe in sustainability.
- Cheerful – Tell your stories of sustainability activities and projects with a smile, knowing you are making a difference, and others just might take action based on how you tell your story.
- Thrifty – Track your savings from solid sustainability actions at home or in your unit.
- Brave – You can be a leader at home or in your community when taking the appropriate actions. Stand up for what is right; start with your actions so you and your family can lead others to engage in sustainable living.
- Clean – Respect our world and the valuable resources we are consuming every day. You can help by using only what you need and talking with others to protect the air we breathe, and the water we drink.
- Reverent – Always consider other points of view and be true to Earth, as we all live here together. Remember that sustainability starts with you.